cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one meter point is working in the viewfinder of my EOS REBEL T4i

rickharp
Apprentice

when shooting the left most or 3rd base of the diamond, red dot is working when i engage the shutter button half way.  auto focus seems to work, but in many shots, where there is not much variation in background, it is difficult to get the "go ahaead" to snap the image.  all this in P mode.  

thinking that the location is locked for some reason.  need help.  i've tried all the meter modes.  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your camera can be set to always use a specific AF point that you specify.  Read your instruction manual on how to do this.  It is usually done by pressing the button that looks like a square on the rear of the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@rickharp wrote:

when shooting the left most or 3rd base of the diamond, red dot is working when i engage the shutter button half way.  auto focus seems to work, but in many shots, where there is not much variation in background, it is difficult to get the "go ahaead" to snap the image.  all this in P mode.  

thinking that the location is locked for some reason.  need help.  i've tried all the meter modes.  Thanks. 

You should be using AIServo instead of One Shot focus mode.

If you are using AIServo, keep in mind that when using AIServo and an auto AF point selection mode, that the camera will focus on the subject under the center AF point, and then try to track that subject.

Announcements