cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3i Horizontal Lines on LCD Screen

Renate45
Apprentice

On pictures taken with live view the LCD has 2 horizontal lines on it. None with viewfinder.

8 REPLIES 8

Crista
Whiz

Hi Renate45!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I'm a bit confused by "pictures taken with live view the LCD has ..."  

Are you saying that when you REVIEW the images on your camera the images have these lines or are you saying that even after you download them from the camera and view them on a separate device (such as your computer screen) you see horizontal lines?  The two issues would be completely different.

You might be saying that when framing uyp the shot on the LCD you are seeing the horizontal lines (BTW, there is an option to turn on a grid pattern on the LCD which draws a few horizontal and vertical lines ... but those are deliberately placed on the LCD as a composition aid and the lines would not show up in the image saved to the memory card.  But if this were the case, you should actually see a couple of horizontal lines as well a couple of vertical lines.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

This is a Rebel T3i, great camera and pictures. When I take a picture with live view there are two black lines across the LCD when I review it. These lines do not show up once downloaded. A picture taken with the vew finder and then reviewed do not have the lines. What are those lines? ... other than annoying.

There is an option to enable a feature called the "Playback Grid" -- but that would normally be over-layed (if enabled) regardless of whether you use the viewfinder vs. liveview when taking the original shot.

You might go into your menu system and check to see if this has been enabled (and disable it if you don't want it.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

The grid is turned off. Went and played some more with pictures. The lines now show up when I go into live view, but not when reviewing the pictures. 
It seems to be an intermittent problem. I guess I'll just have to live with it. The pictures it takes are amazing. I would also like to state that the fast response from this forum is very impressive. Thanks to all who responded.

There are two grid display menu options.  One is likely on one of your red camera menu pages and this determines if you get a grid when shooting.  The other is on one of the blue playback menu pages and determines if you get a grid when reviewing images.  

It's the playback grid that I suspect may be causing this issue.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I think I figures it out. Must be because it was on 16:9. To show the new frame size. Thanks for everybodies help.

;9

Only one understood it and clarified this issue is you, (a victim like me) because whenever you say about the horizontal lines most of the people will say it is a setting and disable it.

In my Canon 70D, I struggled and reverted only after seeing your reply to 3:2 and all those lines are gone !

(If I changed the aspect ratio to 3:4 I still got lines but this time VERTICALLY then I realised).

Thanks a lot bro !

Announcements