cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wireless connection to computer from EOS Rebel T6

philipt
Apprentice

I cannot connect the T6 wirelessly to my laptop (Windows10) using the EOS utility.  I can connect via USB.  I can also connect the T6 to my smartphone wirelessly.  The EOS utility shows the EOS pairing screen, but it is blank when I click on the "pairing over wifi/lan" button in the EOS utility software.

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Philipt, 

The EOS Rebel T6 is not able to connect wireless (via WiFi) to your computer to perform remote shooting or image download.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@philipt wrote:

I cannot connect the T6 wirelessly to my laptop (Windows10) using the EOS utility.  I can connect via USB.  I can also connect the T6 to my smartphone wirelessly.  The EOS utility shows the EOS pairing screen, but it is blank when I click on the "pairing over wifi/lan" button in the EOS utility software.

The fact that you can connect to your phone suggests that the camera is configured as a wireless client, rather than as an access point. Since a Windows 10 laptop also prefers to be a wireless client, you'd probably have to connect the camera to the same access point to which the computer is connected. And try to have the camera obtain its IP address automatically, to ensure that its on the same subnet as the computer. In any case, you probably won't be able to do remote shooting  I'd take Tim from Canon's word on that.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

philipt
Apprentice
Hi: both camera and laptop are connected on the same wireless network; I have set the camera to get its IP address automatically from the network router. I will look again at the configuration for the subnet (I think it would be the same by default). Thanks for your help.
Announcements