cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 4000D No sound while video playback

jabfeliciano
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS 4000D. While I was playing my recorded video, there is no sound? Is there a setting on the camera to increase the volume playback? Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have downloaded and referenced the Canon 4000D manual, according to which, if the camera is being used to playback movies, it has to be connected to a computer or a TV screen via the HDMI socket to do so.   I enclose this page from the Canon 4000D manual.

Canon 400D Image 2.jpg

And...  Regarding controlling volume with the camera

Canon 400D Image 3.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Check your AV output setting and make sure AV/Headphones setting is put to AV also verify your levels setting either in Automatic or Manual, if in Manual then you have to adjust the levels yourself.

Thanks, John.

It was set to AV, and it doesn't matter if the mic is set to Automatic or Manual, the levels still appear.  It still doesn't have sound in Playback mode.  It's almost as if it thinks a mic or head phone is still plugged into the mic port.  Any other ideas?  Your help is appreciated!

Start a new thread down in the camcorder section.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite
Morgan12
Read my post above. It's not a glitch. The camera does not have a speaker!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Morgan12 is a spammer. See the link?

Announcements