cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound while video playback Rebel T6

Ahprinc3ss
Apprentice

Hi, I’m Brandy, I have a Canon Rebel T6. I took a video inside my house with my camera and played back my video from the Camera. The sound worked perfectly but it wasn’t loud but I can hear the sound through the camera. I went to Homecoming yesterday and recorded some videos and came home and played them back now I have no sound. My next step is to do like the comments said and try it from the computer. But it USE TO have sound coming from my camera as I played back the video so I know FOR A FACT that my camera does have an “audio/video OUT terminal” if that means that sound from the videos play OUT from the camera.

I have 2 questions after my typing my paragraph that I doubt anyone is going to read through ...

1. Why doesn’t my camera have the sound coming out anymore (it use to have it)? Did I change some settings or something I follow a lot of YouTube Channels to help take better photos.

2. (TOTALLY OUT OF THE BLUE QUESTION ABOUT MY CAMERA) Why is it that I have my 18-55mm lens and it take a picture at the perfect speed and they come out clear but with the SAME SETTINGS i put on my 75-300mm lens and they take pictures very slow and they come out with a blurry glossy look and it takes the picture really slow

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Ahprinc3ss wrote:

Hi, I’m Brandy, I have a Canon Rebel T6..

I have 2 questions after my typing my paragraph that I doubt anyone is going to read through ...

1. Why doesn’t my camera have the sound coming out anymore (it use to have it)? Did I change some settings or something I follow a lot of YouTube Channels to help take better photos.

2. (TOTALLY OUT OF THE BLUE QUESTION ABOUT MY CAMERA) Why is it that I have my 18-55mm lens and it take a picture at the perfect speed and they come out clear but with the SAME SETTINGS i put on my 75-300mm lens and they take pictures very slow and they come out with a blurry glossy look and it takes the picture really slow

Sounds like a potential camera shake issue.  Longer focal lengths usually need faster shutter speeds to minimize the effects of an unsteady hand.  Of course, a tripod eliminates the problem completely.

The general rule of thumb I would use would to strive to use with your camera body is a minimum SS that is equal to at least 1/(2*FL), which is one over twice the focal length.  Of course, you can use slower SS, but camera shake becomes more and more acute as the shutter speed slows down, but this is what Image Stabilization, IS, does for you.  Well, it claims to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ahprinc3ss
Apprentice
Thanks so much. Do you know how to change my shutter speed though?

@Ahprinc3ss wrote:
Thanks so much. Do you know how to change my shutter speed though?

Practice using the Creative Modes.  As long as you use the Basic Shooting Modes you will never have full control of the camera’s exposure.  The first step in using Creative Modes is learning how to read the viewfinder information.

The P shooting mode is the best one to use to learn how to use the camera.  In this mode, all of the menus are presented to you.  You will also get a full info display when you press the [Q] button.  

But, learning how to use the camera does not teach much about actual photography.  Do a web search for articles and videos about “ Exposure Triangle “ and “ Depth Of Field “.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements