cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound in video shot with T7i

Fantom777
Apprentice

Just recently bought a T7i and I used it to record a short video. The first video, I shot with a connected lapel wired lapel mic. The second take I did with just the camera's built in mic. When I loaded the video files on my Mac there is no sound at all in the videos. Either one. I assumed that the mic recording would be automatic. Am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The camera is not smart enough to automatically switch between an internal mic and an externally connected mic.  It is probably a good thing that it doesn't, too.  While the camera is in video mode, you need to go into the menu and check the audio settings.  

If you do not know how to do that, then I suggest that you switch the camera to P mode, and reset the camera to factory defaults   Once done, try to record video using the internal microphone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, I'll go in and check the audio settings. This was the first time I used it for video and I assumed incorrectly that it would default to record the audio, but I probably should have recorded it without a mic plugged in first.

Do you hear sound when you play back in the camera?

No, neither playing the file in the camera or on computer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

With nothing connected to the camera, the built in mic should record sound when video is captured.  Exception is miniture and Time-Lapse recordings.

See page 301 of your manual for details on sound settings and options.

eos-rebelt7i-800d-im-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements