cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No card error for eos xsi

Sherbeaux
Apprentice
I have a rebel eos xsi and recently it has begun to tell me every time I enter my card that i have no card. This is the same card I have been using for years. I have tried a different card that is my back up and it not accepting it either. Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to try a brand new SD card.  Otherwise it may need to be serviced.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I know this is an old post but I'm sure many people still have the same trouble -especially those who have not upgraded for a few years. 
I had the same issue today. Camera (EOS Rebel XSi) is close to ten years old. Display reads "No Card".

Another post said to clean card slot with compressed air -which I tried with no luck.

So I tried a time-tested method of cleaning contacts: folded a crisp, clean $20 bill and moved it over the contacts for a few seconds. Re-inserted the card andit's been working for three days now with no error. You could always put a couple drops of iso alcohol on the bill without any worries. Just be sure to use a nice clean bill.

The rag paper is slightly abrasive -but not enough to damage the gold contacts used in cam's, phones, computers, etc.

Announcements