cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nikon R1C1 flash with Canon T3i

traveler582
Contributor

Maybe a dumb question, but can I use my Nikon R1C1 flash setup with my new T3i and MP-E 65mm lens?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

cale_kat
Mentor

I don't know that particular flash but if it has a manual mode you might be able to use it. It will not work with E-TTL metering.

Same exact question have an mpe65 and the R1C1, not keen on buyng a MT24EX... I will try on manual to see if that works triggered by a 270EX.

Here's what I've found out so far:

I've since purchased the Nikon SC-30 TTL cables from a photo store (B & H) for $69US, Nikon lists them for $159US.

I've also purchased the Seagull SC-7 Nikon Flash to Canon Hot Shoe Adapter on ebay for $11US and although the one I received didn't fit properly, the seller is sending me another one.

Until I get the replacement Seagull hotshoe adapter, I've mounted the SU-800 Commander directly on the Canon hotshoe and used the SB-R200 Speedlights with the cables but I have to keep turning it on for every photo. I think once the Nikon to Canon adapter comes all the contacts will sync and hopefully it will stay on.

I am using the camera with TTL flash. But I've had to lower the flash level as it was real bright.

That lens is a tough one to work with as I've read but with good results, alot of practice for sure!

Announcements