cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie with t5 with lens questions

Ponchonutty
Contributor
OK I finally saved up and bought me a nice camera. Two things that I want to use it for is for my sons' Friday night football games and also for interior pictures in real estate. The kit came with the standard general purpose lens. What should I look for to make sure I can take good telephoto pictures with poor lighting? Also for interior real estate pictures can I get away with using a fisheye lens adapter ? Thx!!!!
45 REPLIES 45

"Just picked up a Nikon d3200 that's basically new ...."

??? Smiley Frustrated So why would we care on a CANON web site.  Pray tell.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

What about this lens for night football shots?  I found appears to be a good deal on a used one.

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-70-200mm-2-8-Telephoto-Canon/dp/B003HC8V9A

IMG_0386.JPG

These pictures were taken with this lens I bought off Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/161759563761?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lighting was obviously pretty dark but wasn't completely night time.  Distance was about 80-100 yards out. No photo touchups were done to these picturesIMG_0355.JPG

Are thoes shots what you want?  If so glad you got it going.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Ponchonutty wrote:

These pictures were taken with this lens I bought off Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/161759563761?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lighting was obviously pretty dark but wasn't completely night time.  Distance was about 80-100 yards out. No photo touchups were done to these picturesIMG_0355.JPG

I agree these pics don't look as good as they could, and yes, as stated a faster lens will do better.  But till you do buy a another lens you can make your pics more acceptable in post.  Just a suggestion till you are able to get better lens.  Actually to me these pics are not that bad.  They won't make the cover of national geographic but they'll pass.   Though i suppose everyone sees pics from different perspective.

And you can get this lens new for same price at B&H.  B&H  has a solid rep and great customer service.

Well, I found this same lens on clearance for $399 new in the box.   I wouldn't buy from Amazon.  I didn't want to give out my secret where I found it lol

It's been a little bit since I've been on here.  Been playing with my Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 LD AF IF Di Lens I bought a few weeks ago.  Man, this does make a lot of difference in low light conditions.  I know it's not as good of a lens as others out there but I think once I learn how to work it, it's gonna be just fine.  Here's a few snaps of last week.  These were taken at total darkness other than the field lightsIMG_0656.JPGIMG_0692.JPG

I also found out I why I couldn't upload pictures to this site.  I have Windows 10 and was using Explorer Edge.  If I use the classic Internet Explorer, it works fine

Announcements