cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie T6 question

Tele295
Apprentice

I shot some pictures last night with my new Rebel T6, but when I transferred them to my computer from the memory card, they were too small (160x120). Resizing them only made them blurry. Is there a trick to working with this file, or a setting that needs to be changed? The Menu-> image quality is set at RAW, per factory spec, I guess. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What computer?

You were viewing the thumbnails embedded in the RAW. What software was used to view them?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Reset your T6.  In the menus under Tools clear all settings.  Set the mode dial to auto or P and try again.  Outside on a nice day.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi,

Just got this camera as a birthday gift, set it up per the manual, worked fine, put it away, when I showed it to my son in law it would not allow me to take a photo.

Looking for suggestions, have reset my t6 and still cant get the "function not avaiable" to go off regardless of what mode the camera is in.

I have tried removimg and reinserting the battery, this didn't help.

It's under warranty, maybe I should take it to a service center ?

Thanks,

Ismael Torres

I would try calling Canon for support then if they can't solve it over the phone, it is new return it for a replacement. Have you tried a new SD card? A full-size SD card the type and class recommended in your manual not a micro SD in an adapter.

"...have reset my t6 and still cant get the "function not avaiable"

If resetting your camera did not restore it, you need to call Canon 1 (631) 330-5000   Skip the rest of the baloney and give'em a call as long as you are in the USA and bought it in the USA.   If not good luck. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What computer?

You were viewing the thumbnails embedded in the RAW. What software was used to view them?

I think that was the issue. Finally figured out how to convert RAW files to JPG 🙂 Thanks, all!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Some functions are not available in the Basic shooting modes. Nearly all functions are available in Creative shooting modes. Movie functions are only available in Movie mode.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

SalT1945
Apprentice
Brand new card, i’ll try Canon, appreciate the help, i’ll post something if they help me resolve the problem.

@SalT1945 wrote:
Brand new card, i’ll try Canon, appreciate the help, i’ll post something if they help me resolve the problem.

Which “function is not available”?  Some functions are not available.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements