cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Canon family

CodyJayRoberts
Contributor

Hello,

I am new to the canon family, I have purchased the Canon rebel t5 with the 18-55mm lens kit. I have read the manuals and video tutorals on the canon website. I have purchased the camera as a hobby and to capture family memories. I am just looking ffor more tips that aren't on the manuals and video tutorials, I would like to take pictures at a basketball game but understand it would be difficult with the set up have. Are there any tips or sugestions to get the most out of the set up I have without purchasing new equipment until I am comfortable with the set-up I currently have?

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Rebel series is Canon's entry level DSLR product line, and the T5 is a less featured Rebel. It costs one-tenth of the flagship 1DX, so of course there are compromises. It's certainly not a horrible DSLR.

For family events, travel, landscapes it is certainly capable. High speed action and low light will be a challenge.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

All good recommendations.

I'll throw into the mix: EF-S 10-18 for wide angle use, 24-105 f4/L and 70-200 f4/L IS.

All three lenses get good reviews. 

Ultimately you need to decide budget and intended end use of images. If you are going to be sharing on line and/or displaying on a digital picture frame the image quality demands are less than if you are going to be cropping and printing a 13x19 image with a printer like the Pixma PRO-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

CodyJayRoberts
Contributor

Thank you all for the great advice, I trully appreciate all the feed back I am getting. Your knowledge and willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

thanks 

Sent you a PM.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements