cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Photography. Question about settings.

clark77494
Contributor

I just purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T5 to do Real Estate photography. For outside photos I want to set it to ISO 400, f/5.6 and let the camera determine the shutter speed. On the inside I want to set the camera to f/7.1 ISO 200 wih no flash, and also let the camera determine the shutter speed. I have a tripod so slow shutter speeds should not be a problem. I have a 18mm-55mm lens that came with the camera. I have two years video production training so I know how to setup a motion picture camera, just never took stills except with my Iphone.

53 REPLIES 53

@Waddizzle wrote:

"That's a rather nice use of Photoshop, but you overdid it. You won't get me to believe that she could have bent her leg low enough for her foot to have made that splash."

Psst, and it's amazing how there is no reflection of the sunset on the water, either.

Circular polarizer.  Smiley Happy

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

B from B,

Smiley Very Happy The only thing that was real in that photo is the leg, toe and splash.  Just another reason I love PS.  Just to hear the criticism from people that have little idea of what actually happened and didn't.  Sorta like, "is it Memorex or is it live?" Or perhaps, "Only her hair dresser knows for sure."

And I an't tellin' !  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

B from B,

Smiley Very Happy The only thing that was real in that photo is the leg, toe and splash.  Just another reason I love PS.  Just to hear the criticism from people that have little idea of what actually happened and didn't.  Sorta like, "is it Memorex or is it live?" Or perhaps, "Only her hair dresser knows for sure."

And I an't tellin' !  Smiley Happy

It's a dramatic photo, Ernie  Your average person would only see beauty in it, not the technical challenge to create it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"... it's amazing how there is no reflection of the sunset on the water, either."

OK, Smiley Happy  I forgot there was a reflection!

_52D4462_3.jpg

EB

ebiggs,

How long did it take you to edit that photo?

Clark

Oh, 10 or 15 minutes.

EB

Or, did you just mean adding the reflection?  That was just 3 or 4 minutes. Smiley Happy

EB

ebiggs,

You have been doing it for a while then. My wife really liked your photo as well.

PS On my way to the inlaws for Turkey Day! Let's see if I can get some camera time today.

Clark, 

You are very kind and have a very smart wife!

EB

When you move beyond Lightroom and into Photoshop, you move beyond photography and into graphic arts. 

Not that one is better than the other. When your finished product no longer represents what was really there, i.e. skinnyfied model, or adding a sunset where there wasn't one, you've moved beyond what I consider photography. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements