cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Photography. Question about settings.

clark77494
Contributor

I just purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T5 to do Real Estate photography. For outside photos I want to set it to ISO 400, f/5.6 and let the camera determine the shutter speed. On the inside I want to set the camera to f/7.1 ISO 200 wih no flash, and also let the camera determine the shutter speed. I have a tripod so slow shutter speeds should not be a problem. I have a 18mm-55mm lens that came with the camera. I have two years video production training so I know how to setup a motion picture camera, just never took stills except with my Iphone.

53 REPLIES 53

TMartin,

More like "When you move beyond Lightroom and into Photoshop, you move beyond photography and into advertising. Skinny girls, and that coveted house on the lake.

Clark,

ebiggs,

Do you have a psd file I can have to see if it will open in Corel PaintShop Pro? Would be interested to see if I could open it up and edit it.

Clark,

@clark77494 wrote:
Good to know. Also I noticed there is a setting for light Temperature. Most houses have CFLs I tend to replace the lights with Halogen lights which tend to last longer and don't contain mercury. I'm thinking of leasing Photoshop for $10 per month. The Software that came with the camera "Picture Style Editor" Works really well except it saves the photo in an unusable format. It puts the photo in PF3 format which I cannot view in any other program. I tried opening it in Corel PaintShop Pro and the software won't open it.

There is also a Canon program called Digital Photo Professional (DPP) that comes with your camera. It will allow you to shoot RAW, adjust your white balance in post processing, and export in the JPG format you need to use the photos.

You can also get the Adobe Photographers bundle with Lightroom and Photoshop. Lightroom and Canon DPP perform similar functions, and either one will do most everything you need. Photoshop is a very complex program with a pretty steep learning curve. Your time would probably be better spent doing your primary job (Real Estate) than learning Photoshop. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
You did good. I told you they would be.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements