Did you mean: 

New in box Rebel T3 - Problem

shipupride
Apprentice

IMG_0111 (Medium).JPG

10 REPLIES 10

shipupride
Apprentice

Thanks for reading this.  This camera was purchased over 2 years ago as a gift by my father for when my wife and I got pregnant.  We are now expecting our first child in 2 months and I decided it was time to break out this camera for baby photos.

For the first 20 minutes out of the box, the camera worked great, but now all photos have this "shadow" on the right 1/3rd of the screen.  This does not happen on videos, only photos.  

I have combed through settings to no avail.  I have "reset" the camera many times, again to no avail.  I updated firmware from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5, but nothing seems to work.

When taking the photo, the "shadow" does not appear until I preview the photo on the camera.

Can anyone help?

Is it the same on the back of the display or just when you check on your computer? Have you low level format your card?

Take it outside in bright sun. Does this happen when you are not using flash? It looks kind of like what happens if the camera shutter is moving faster than the flash max sync speed and the camera is not in high speed sync, or if the flash and shutter are just off sync.
I had that happen once when my Speedlite flash slid back in the hotshoe and was getting a poor connection. The camera shutter is actually a pair of curtains that travel horizontally across the view so if the flash is out of sync somehow the shutter might start to travel before the flash fires, but then it fires in the middle of the exposure, so one side of the image could be dark.
Anyway a quick bright sunlight outside no flash test shot may prove it is something related to the flash not sync'ing properly with the shutter.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

The shutter doesn´t go from side to side.

Oh yea. Good point. Also now that I see this on a bigger screen than my phone, the dividing line is too perfect to be a shutter thing anyway.

Try formatting the card. Press menu button, go to menu, go to format card. Brand new card, so could be that.

If not that maybe the card is just bad. Can you try another one?

Failing that, I don't know, unless the sensor is screwed up.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Absolutely get a new SD card.  Don't even ness with the one you have.  Make sure you buy a good high quality SD card and not some no-name brand from Walmart.  Format it in the T3 and don't use it or format it else where.

If the LCD screen is good to go, the camera is porobably fine.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

You need to take it in for repair.  Re-setting it isn't going to fix it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shipupride
Apprentice
All, I tried the card format and it did not help. I started playing with ISO, and the outside went away. 3 minutes later it came back. Can't seem to determine what is causing it. Seems like a configuration issue rather than hardware.

Clear the settings. Remove the card and battery. Turn on the camera and let it be turned on for maybe 30 minutes.

Reinstall the battery but not the card. Try take som pictures without the card and check if you will get the same error without the card.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements