cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here...Help transferring pics to computer

Bluegypsy
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I just got my second Rebel...T7i, and I used to be able to import pics from my Rebel XTi right to Photoshop Elements, and I'd like to do the same, as now I have Elements 2020.  Before I attempt to try this, can it be done, or do I need to use the Canon software and USB cable? Thanks, Jan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You should be able to do it exactly the same.

View solution in original post

wchettel
Enthusiast

@Bluegypsy wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just got my second Rebel...T7i, and I used to be able to import pics from my Rebel XTi right to Photoshop Elements, and I'd like to do the same, as now I have Elements 2020.  Before I attempt to try this, can it be done, or do I need to use the Canon software and USB cable? Thanks, Jan

Hello Bluegypsy,

I do not have a T7i, but I do have an EOS SL2 and I also use Photoshop Elements 2020. I use a USB cable to connect my SL2 to my Windows 10 PC. PSE detects my SL2 with no problems and I can import photos from the SL2 directly into the PSE Organizer.

I have the Canon EOS Utility installed on my PC, but I do not use it to import photos into PSE.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You should be able to do it exactly the same.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... as now I have Elements 2020."

You are sure you are in PSE 2020 and not an earlier version. I prefer USB far less issues.

Does the computer see the T7i?

If you have a Mac, that can be the problem if you updated your OS recently.  Windows 10 should work without issues.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

wchettel
Enthusiast

@Bluegypsy wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hello Bluegypsy,

I do not have a T7i, but I do have an EOS SL2 and I also use Photoshop Elements 2020. I use a USB cable to connect my SL2 to my Windows 10 PC. PSE detects my SL2 with no problems and I can import photos from the SL2 directly into the PSE Organizer.

I have the Canon EOS Utility installed on my PC, but I do not use it to import photos into PSE.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL
Announcements