cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New T6s - I love it!

PajamaGuy
Enthusiast

Got it yesterday - shot my grandson's baseball game yesterday afternoon.  Over 1250 shots with a 55-250. 

I love this camera - From the pitch until batter crossing 1st base is about 5-7 second. The T6s fires 25-35 shots within that time.  Area focus, AI Servo, and AF Tracking all work very, very well to produce sequences of VERY sharp images.

I'll have to check the spec's, but this T6s "feels" lighter and more comfortable than my T3i (which is going on CraigsList today).

I'll post more 1st impressions, but for now, after my first shoot, this camera is doing better than I expected!  Send me a message if you have any specific questions.

Dave Cat Very Happy

PJ
(Grampy)

"Photography is a money-sucking black hole, and I'm approaching the event horizon"
8 REPLIES 8

Glad you like your new camera! Sounds as though Canon may have produced a winner.

Will you get enough for your old camera to justify not keeping it as a backup?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Robert,

I posted it on CraigsList, but noticed several other T3i's - so probably not, but I promised my better half I'd "try".  If it doesn't sell, "Oh Well!" I guess I might as well carry it along.....

Dave

PJ
(Grampy)

"Photography is a money-sucking black hole, and I'm approaching the event horizon"

@PajamaGuy wrote:

Robert,

I posted it on CraigsList, but noticed several other T3i's - so probably not, but I promised my better half I'd "try".  If it doesn't sell, "Oh Well!" I guess I might as well carry it along.....

Dave

Mention to her that if you keep the camera but find you're not using it much, it might be used to help encourage a grandchild's interest in photography. (I once gave one of my old cameras to one of my granddaughters for a summer trip she was making to Europe. In the end she was able to cadge a newer and smaller camera from her other grandmother, but at least the idea was sound.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ScottyP
Authority
That camera looks like a real winner. Biggest advance in a Rebel out of the last 4 model generations. I am looking for a 2nd body with good autofocus.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I love this camera"

Smiley Very Happy  Great!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Fotoace
Apprentice
Just bought one today. Hoping to shoot remotely with wi-fi but the 2 Canon apps for my iPad say this camera is not compatible. Any ideas anyone?

I have android and the app Canon "Camera Connect" does work, but...

I thought pairing was a bit tricky, and while I've only connected twice, I lost the connection once.  I did take a couple of snaps though and will check it out more.

I didn't find the instructions all that easy - you have to understand that the camera itself generates a WiFi source, then your phone has to connect to that WiFi, and THEN the app can connect.

PJ
(Grampy)

Thanks for your reply.
I did have the camera and the iPad seeing themselves on the network, but the app rejected the camera, saying it wasn't compatible. It then showed me the list of compatible Canons, the 6D, 7D and the MOS 3, etc.
Perhaps Canon needs to upgrade the app, asap for the T6i & S,for the iPad & iPhone, or perhaps I need to move to an Android device...Yikes!
Announcements