cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New T3 not saving photos to card

longboredterrie
Apprentice

Ok I am just about ready to return my T3 I have read the Manual many times formatted the card and taken and put it in a different camera its working but not in the T3 This is what going on I take photos I see them on camera  and I turn camera off  when I turn It

back on the photos are gone camera tells me no Images now it makes no difference what type of image Raw or Jpg and when I put SD card  or plug T3 in to my PC It has no files on it  I have all canon software installed and installed and reinstalled I am so very sad and have had many Canon cameras that worked beautiful it took me 2 years to afford this

camera .Woman Sad

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/fbflicker/js/loader.js"></script>
22 REPLIES 22

cicopo
Elite

I don't think I've ever heard that complaint but can you tell us what memory card you're using. If it's an SDXC card that may be the problem because I don't think that camera supports them. Have you tried a SD or SDHC card? 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Its the card that came with the Camera its new just like the camera I will try to go to a canon dealer to see if they will take a look at it before I take it back, I hope I can get a new one when I take it back it was purchased at Target .

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/fbflicker/js/loader.js"></script>

Agree with that idea. Take it back & see if they can solve this. If not exchange it.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

The SD memory card has a "write protect" switch to reduce the risk of data loss. However this switch prevents you from writing data to the card. 

To enable writing on the SD memory card, you should turn off the write protect lock by pressing the small switch backwards.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

aslattery_t3
Apprentice

I'm having this same issue - when i take photos or videos they stay on the card, until i turn it off.. when i turn it back on they are gone. Have you found any resoution to this issue?

fourtitansfans
Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  I just purchased this through Best Buy.  I've changed out the cards with one that worked on an old point and shoot camera and I can see the old pictures, but no new images are saving.  If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it so I don't have to return it.

@fourtitansfans wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I just purchased this through Best Buy.  I've changed out the cards with one that worked on old point and shoot camera and I can see the old pictures, but no new images are saving.  If anyone has any ideas, I would great appreciate it so I don't have to return it.

You probably know this, but different cameras, particularly different camera models, write to different folders on the card. So if you look only where the old pictures were, you might fool yourself into thinking the new ones are missing, when in fact they may just be in a different folder.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Here is where to look.

22.gif

I actually don't think that is the problem but well worth a look see.

You do know it is best to format the SD card especially for the camera that is using it?  It is not a good idea to use a SD card formated by a different camera.  Get the current photos off and reformat the SD card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. It's a little embarrassing, but I wasn't holding the button down long enough for the picture to take. Even though it was flashing, the picture wasn't actually taking. I've never had a camera that took that long, but since this is my first "non point and shoot camera", I have a lot to learn about it.. Thanks to those that have responded - all information is helpful!
Announcements