cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need simple help on 2 things

bbutler356
Apprentice

I'm a professional musician who wants to do decent videos of my playing.

Question 1: Four or 5 years ago I bought a Canon Rebel T2i and used it with great results. I laid off for a few years and I'm picking up the camera again (it's in new shape, mostly never used). But it's not recording sound now. It worked before, even with an external microphone. But now the internal mic doesn't work and I do have the internal setting set to 'On'. What could be wrong?

Question 2: This Rebel is wonderful but WAY too complicated for me. Is there a really nice video cam that is ridiculously simple? My vids are taken in a controlled light studio, so features I don't need. Help. For you photographers, features are great. For a simple man like me, all I want to do is be able to turn it on and press the button. And by the way, not have it fail to record sound when I haven't done anything to it at all!   -smile-

Brian Butler

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you want it to be push one button simple, then you should press a speed dial on your phone and hire someone, or just stick to using a smart phone.  The only way to make "decent videos" of your playing is going to require some video editing.

If you do not want to have the distraction of producing videos, then my advice is to hire someone to do it for you.  Otherwise, all of your videos will look like smart phone videos because that is what you used.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your feedback. So there's no video camera you know of that has an "Auto button" for videos like even expensive cameras have an "Auto" button for stills?

Thanks

@bbutler356 wrote:

Thanks for your feedback. So there's no video camera you know of that has an "Auto button" for videos like even expensive cameras have an "Auto" button for stills?

Thanks

a)  Videography is a lot more complicated than still photography,

b)  Almost nobody, except an outright newbie, uses the "Auto" setting on a still camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@bbutler356 wrote:

Thanks

If the T2i is too complex for you, then the best answer is probably no.  Hire someone.  They can capture the audio, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...all I want to do is be able to turn it on and press the button."

Sounds like your iphone is perfect for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements