cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help learning my T5i

erokc
Contributor

I'm learning to operate my T5i It's taking too long to snap a picture.  With autofocus and the stabilizer ON.  Mode set to P.

I press the shutter release half way, it focuses and beeps, I fully depress the release, the mirror comes up, it takes about four seconds before it takes the picture. It beeps and the orange light (facing the subject) comes on during the delay.  Then the morror comes back up.

Do I have it in a mode that causes this? What is it doing before it captures the image?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now it sounds like you've set it to MIRROR LOCK UP or SENSOR CLEAN. Try a full reset to factory specs.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

Sounds like you have set it in timer mode.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Well, it was set for 2 sec. self timer.

I set it to Single shooting.

Now the mirror comes up, delays for 30 sec. and the mirror comes down, no pic.

I'm in P mode. The book says to hold the release half way untilthe focus dot appears and the speed and aperature don't blink.  They don't so I press and 30 sec. later no pic.

I get pics in A mode.

So why does it not work in P mode?

Now it sounds like you've set it to MIRROR LOCK UP or SENSOR CLEAN. Try a full reset to factory specs.

Mirror lockup was enabled.

I remember now that the last time I used the camera (months ago) I was experimenting with time lapse.  That's why "mirror lockup" was on.

I've got to spend more time with the new camera,

Thanks for the help

Announcements