cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Manual for EOS T3i 600d.

Naresh
Apprentice

Hi Guys,

It is really appreciated any one share [removed per FORUM GUIDELINES] manual for EOS T3i as i am facing some problem to understand and mean while suggest some website to learn the instrument.

Mod note: Post was edited to remove all content that violated the Forum Guidelines. Please take a look at the section under "Participation," regarding personal information and violations of laws. 

1 REPLY 1

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You probably don't want to list your email address in the post -- that'll just get you on more spam lists.

Do you have the actual owners manual that came with the camera?  While it's not a tutorial on "photography" it will do a good job explaining what each feature on your camera does.  What it wont necessarily do is tell you why you'd want to use that feature -- in other words it explains how to use the camera functions, but it doesn't teach you "photography".

The best books to learn the fundamentals of photography aren't actually camera-model specific. 

To use a related analogy... you could buy a speedlite flash (suppose you bought a Canon 430EX II).  You might think you'd want a book on using that flash.  But reading such a book probably wouldn't make much sense.  It might, for example, tell you that if you press some button you can dial the "flash exposure compensation" up or down.  But if you don't understand flash photography, you'd be scratching your head as to what "flash exposure compensation" even means -- much less why you'd want to dial it up or down.

So what you'd really need is a book to teach you about photographic lighting techniques.  Once you start to understand the hows & whys of flash phototgraphy, a book that explains the features of your specific flash will make sense just by listing it's features (you'd get to the part on "flash exposure compensation" and it would immediately make sense to you as to when you'd want to use that.) 

I would start with a book like Byran Peterson's "Understanding Exposure"... or posibly Scott Kelby's "Digital Photography" series of books.  As you work your way through the book, the camera functions will start to become obvious to you -- such that the simple Canon manual that came with it will almost certainly be enough.

There are specific books on your camera... even a "...for Dummies" guide.  Go to Amazon.com and type in "Canon T3i book" and it'll find lots of tutorial books specific to your camera model.  I find that some of these are basically just verbose version of the Canon manual in that they don't do much to teach you "photography" per se.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements