cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebel T6s wont recognize sd card

tmj2015
Apprentice

Within the last few days, I purchased a Rebel T6s 760D. Today upon, open the box and setting the camera up, I foud that not one SD card can be be formatted or recognizable in the camera. I've used over 7 different perfectly good SD cards that have worked in the past on other Canons. Each time I put a SD card in the camera it says, "Card annot be accessed." Each time I try to format the card it says, "cannot format, change card."  Please help. Thank you  

30 REPLIES 30

one card used for a couple months, then camera can't read it. Got a new never-used card sandisk ultra sdhc uhs-1 card. Class C camera won't read it, won't format it. Any help? Want am I not doing, or doing wrong? Might it be the camera?

@dvthms0 wrote:

one card used for a couple months, then camera can't read it. Got a new never-used card sandisk ultra sdhc uhs-1 card. Class C camera won't read it, won't format it. Any help? Want am I not doing, or doing wrong? Might it be the camera?

Sounds like a bad card.  Never hear of a Class C SD card before.  Toss it away, and buy a full size Sandisk Extreme 64GB, and I don't [recommend] buying one on Amazon.  Visiting a store is best.  

5EB53CBA-C67C-4BB3-9709-165108FFA3A3.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I just ordered from amazon. Rather not have to go to a store, and not sure why a sandisk card at a store would work and the same card sandisk card from amazon would not work. l guess I'll see. Thanks.

1.JPG

[commercial links removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion]

"I don't [recommend] buying one on Amazon.  Visiting a store is best."

Me neither!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"I just ordered from amazon."

Although Amazon is a registered Canon retailer, I have changed my opinion from not buying any camera accessories to don't buy any photography gear from Amazon.  You don't know and have no control from where the item comes from and neither does Amazon for that matter. There are too many other good retailers to choose form.

The big advantage from actually going to a brick and mortar store is you can handle the item, You get to feel it and look at it before you buy. The advantage form on-line is it can be slightly cheaper.  Especially if they offer free shipping.

Amazon may be OK for a book or a pair of shoes but not camera stuff. IMHO, of course.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@dvthms0 wrote:

I just ordered from amazon. Rather not have to go to a store, and not sure why a sandisk card at a store would work and the same card sandisk card from amazon would not work. l guess I'll see. Thanks.

[commercial links removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion]

I can already see it.  Can you?  There is no such thing a "C10" memory card.  I was wondering about that.  The proper name for it is "Class 10".  They actually list the color of the memory card, BLACK.  No one really does that.

However, the real problem is that this appears to be a micro-SD card.  It will fail on you, it is only a question of when.

DF417637-18C6-4C5A-A7F8-87BECE6B4FEE.jpeg

These are what you are looking for.  Actual full size SD cards.

3013F4EA-66BA-49D6-9B3D-7315D08F4513.jpeg

"...buy a full size Sandisk Extreme 64GB..."

That's why I did so.

"...this appears to be a micro-SD card..." 

What about my sandisk extreme appears to be micro? And the advice was to buy a sandisk extreme; no mention of "pro" or "plus".  And how would "handling" a card in a brick and mortar tell me that it might not work?

I've used a non-extreme, non-pro or plus 16gb card bought on amazon that lasted through thousands of photos. It is only lately that any card I get cannot be read by my canon eos. 

@dvthms0 wrote:

"...buy a full size Sandisk Extreme 64GB..."

That's why I did so.  No, it does not appear you purchased a full size SD card.  This item could be a counterfeit.

"...this appears to be a micro-SD card..."   I cannot access your link, but I trust a Moderator removed it properly.  The track record at doing this is fair and accurate.

What about my sandisk extreme appears to be micro? The listed specifications, which I highlighted, appear to define the product as a micro-SD card.  It does it in the fine print.

And the advice was to buy a sandisk extreme; no mention of "pro" or "plus".  You're correct,  It wasn't needed for the actual full size cards.  See image below.

And how would "handling" a card in a brick and mortar tell me that it might not work?  Not my advice, but because you get to see what you are actually purchasing.  I agree with it.

I've used a non-extreme, non-pro or plus 16gb card bought on amazon that lasted through thousands of photos. It is only lately that any card I get cannot be read by my canon eos.  Yet, here you are complaining about card problems.

This is what the product in the description should probably look like.  It even includes a "black case", which is a euphemism for a plastic adapter.  It is these adapters that cause just about all of the problems.  The plastic adapters are 110% unreliable.

707CF174-6499-40F8-80BD-FD95A620E2DC.jpeg

The image at the apparent link appears to be a major mismatch compared to what is offered at B&H.  Doesn't it?  

This is what B&H offers for the SanDisk 64GB "Extreme" SD card.  The most significant difference is Write Speed.  Your camera has nothing to really gain by using the SD cards with the faster Write Speeds, because its' own write speed is the limiting factor.

3BC9ED63-EADB-4B1B-9427-8DB068635B10.jpeg

Would you rather save a buck, or would you rather save your images?

"...Yet, here you are complaining about card problems."

No, I did not complain about the card. I noted that my camera could not read it. You assumed it was the card. You told me what card to get, and I got exactly the card you told me to get.  When my camera could not read that card, you claimed it was the wrong card even though it's precisely what you told me to get. Then you complained that it must be a micro card, though it was the card you told me to buy. Then you complained that the card might be a counterfeit because I bought it on Amazon, sold by Sandisk and it  Amazon's Choice for "SecureDigital Memory Cards by SanDisk instead of buying it at a bm store where of course it couldn't possibly be counterfeit. If I go to a bm store with my camera and buy the exact card from them that they recommend and my camera cannot read it, will you still presume it's the card?

@dvthms0 wrote:

"...Yet, here you are complaining about card problems."

No, I did not complain about the card. I noted that my camera could not read it. You assumed it was the card. You told me what card to get, and I got exactly the card you told me to get.  When my camera could not read that card, you claimed it was the wrong card even though it's precisely what you told me to get. Then you complained that it must be a micro card, though it was the card you told me to buy. Then you complained that the card might be a counterfeit because I bought it on Amazon, sold by Sandisk and it  Amazon's Choice for "SecureDigital Memory Cards by SanDisk instead of buying it at a bm store where of course it couldn't possibly be counterfeit. If I go to a bm store with my camera and buy the exact card from them that they recommend and my camera cannot read it, will you still presume it's the card?

Order a card from B&H photo video in NYC.  I recommend returning that "card" back to Amazon.  It is not a full size SD card.

Announcements