cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new computer does not detect my EOS Rebel; running my PS A650 zoom browser prog version

mrcook
Apprentice

I need help to remedy my downloading problem.

I installed the version of Zoom Browser that came with my PS A650 onto our new computer.

Everything goes fine with that camera.

When I try to download photos from my EOS Rebel, I get a message that the camera is not connected.

I have tried the obvious things: checking connections, changing ports, cable, etc. to no avail.

Since the Rebel uses CF cards & the Power Shot uses SD cards I cannot simply try to swap them for downloading.

I no longer have the older Zoom Browser software version that came with the Rebel.

What do I need to do so I can down load photos from the Rebel?

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
Change the communication mode on your Rebel to PTP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you. I did as you suggested. It looked like the camera downloaded some handshakinng software. My next attempt to retreive photos met with the following message: camera window is not compatible with detected camera.

Suggestions?

"What do I need to do so I can down load photos from the Rebel?"

Most "new" computers have a card reader slot. You don't need the camera at all. Remove the CF or SD card from the Rebel and slip into the card reader slot. If your computer did not come with one already, you can buy one at most stores like Walmart or Best Buy or Target.

You don't even need Canon's Zoom Browser! You may use your computer's photo viewer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements