Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

My mac os x cant recognize my canon rebel t5

I just got a canon rebel t5 and i was connecting my camera to my mac computer which is the mac os x version 10.6.8 and when i plugged my camera to the USB cord and into the computer its saying it doesnt regonize my camera... Im not sure as to what todo next! so far i love canon but this whole connecting my camera to my computer has been such a hassle! 

VIP

Re: Mac OS X saying it can't recognize camera?? HELP PLEASE!!

[ Edited ]

Did you install the EOS Utility software that comes with camera?  It is also available for download from Canon.

duplicate post.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/My-mac-os-x-cant-recognize-my-canon-rebel-t5/m-p/159815#U...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mac OS X saying it can't recognize camera?? HELP PLEASE!!

yes i did!

VIP

Re: My mac os x cant recognize my canon rebel t5

Is your OS up to date? I don't mean updating beyond Snow Leopard (but you probably should) but all the OS files that Snow Leopard requires?

Are you using a Canon USB cable?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

i think so.. when i go to software update on my computer it says its up to date.. and yes i am using the canon usb cable!
VIP

[ Edited ]

I just did a Google search, and it looks like the T5 is not supported by Snow Leopard. T4i is the newest Canon listed.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201971

I think you will get a more definitive response if you email Apple support.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic