cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer using Windows 8 doesn't recognize my Canon Rebel. How do I fix this?

MWCRILLY
Apprentice

My computer using Windows 8 doesn't recognize my Canon Rebel. How do I fix this?

14 REPLIES 14

Getting the pictures off the camera is not a problem.  A native win 8 application does it so there is no need to use a card reader and to remove the card from the camera all the time.  Having said that I did like and would prefer to keep using the EOS Utility.  Also, with the move from Win 7 to Win 8 it became very clear to me that some manufactures use the Win 8 as an opportunity/excuse to drop support for older products and try to get you to buy new ones with no good reason (other than corporate greed) to do so.  So I am trying to find out how "nice or greedy" Canon is...

So simple.  Thanks a million.  Worked like a charm.

Worked exactly as described in less than 1 minute. Much time wasted trying other options. Remote camera feature doesn't work but never has with my PCs. Am using Windows 10 now, Vista formerly. Thanks Richard.

Thanks Richard! You've help me to make my old 5D compatible with the new windows 8 machine.

Many thanks man!

Hello,

thank for suggestion but what if the "Communication" menu item is not there?

I can't see it in no one of the 5 tabs.

Any other suggestion?

Thank you,

Daniele

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements