Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

My XTi is doing weird stuff!

Hello!

And, greetings, from somw-bound Minnesota!

I've got a Rebel XTi that's recently started doing some odd things. For example, when the camera is off, the CF indicator lamp will blink intermittently. ALso, when my EF 28-135 ultrasonic IS is attached, I hear a repeating sound like it's trying to stop down. If I open the card door or slightly disengage the lens, these stop. The camera does have a BG-E3 grip attached.

The camera functions just fine otherwise, but I suspect these little nuisances are why battery life tanks rather quickly. I tried the hard reset - removing the main batteries as well as the 3v and turning it on for about a minute, but that didn't do anything.

Sooooooooooooooo....... is there anybody familiar with what I'm experiencing and can offer some advice on fixing this? Thanks in advance for any info!

Kevin

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My XTi is doing weird stuff!

Did you just remove the batteries for a short time or overnight? Overnight is usually recommended.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Actually, just for about a minute. But I'll pull 'em all tonight.

Thanks for the advice!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Got it fixed! All I needed was an 80D!

Highlighted
VIP

That'll do it every time !  Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

NICE ! Enjoy.

I spent some time in Verdun in the late '70s. The one thing I remember most is this candy store on Verdun Ave (?) a couple blocks from the river. Montreal is a beautiful city.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mr_Fusion wrote:

NICE ! Enjoy.

I spent some time in Verdun in the late '70s. The one thing I remember most is this candy store on Verdun Ave (?) a couple blocks from the river. Montreal is a beautiful city.

I too found Montréal to be a very attractive city, though I was there only once, on my way to the ski slopes long ago. But I sense a disconnect with the context of this thread. I'm pretty sure that Montréal is in Québec, not Minnesota. Am I overlooking something?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My bad. For whatever reason, I saw "Montreal" instead of "Minnosota". You are correct.