cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My T7i and wifi

mbott
Apprentice

For the life of me, I cannot get my T7i and my moto g stylus Andriod phone to communicate via wifi. I've watched various Youtube videos where it seems soo easy, yet nothing is working.  I updated the firmware thinking that the 1.0.1 firmware was the issue, but again no joy.  They just don't detect each other.

I purchased the T7i in 08/19.  Looking for any suggestions on how to procede.  I'm to the point of wondering if the T7i itself is even wifi capable.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

--

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The T7i supports wireless, NFC and Bluetooth.

The Canon Connect App for iOS or Android is also compatible...

But, your 2013 Moto if its running JellyBean or Lollipop might be an issue.

While these OS's are generally supported, the skin that Moto puts over Android might be a problem.

Try resetting the Network settings on both the camera and your Android device.  Then attempt to re-pair.

Unfortunately, the phone's age might be the issue.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The Moto g stylus is a bit newer than 2013 (actually February 2020) and it is running Android 11, which I believe is the latest release level of the Android OS.  Both have been reset several times during this attempt.

--

Mike

Hi Mike,

Must have missed the stylus part...  Indeed thats a new phone.  Plain G is what I thought it was.  

They should work together.  The stylus supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, no NFC.

Have you reset the camera's wi-fi to defaults?

and told the Canon Connect app to forget all connections. 

Connection to Andriod can be found here on page 55:

eos-rebelt7i-800d-wff-im-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

The phone connects to the camera.

Ensure the camera's wi-fi is enabled and broadcasting.  Then look for available wireless connections on the phone.  If you can see the Camer's SSID there, you should be able to see it when you start the Canon Connect App.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Ensure the camera's wi-fi is enabled and broadcasting. Then look for available wireless connections on the phone. If you can see the Camer's SSID there, you should be able to see it when you start the Canon Connect App."

That's what is not happening, Rick.  I cannot see the camera's wi-fi.  I see wi-fi networks from my house and the surrounding houses but nothing from the camera.  And this with the phone and camera on the same tabletop.  It's just not there.  The camer's wi-fi indicator is slow flashing green the entire time.

Even the phone's wi-fi  Analyzer finds no evidense for a camera wi-fi network.  Frustrating.

--

Mike

@mbott wrote:

"Ensure the camera's wi-fi is enabled and broadcasting. Then look for available wireless connections on the phone. If you can see the Camer's SSID there, you should be able to see it when you start the Canon Connect App."

That's what is not happening, Rick.  I cannot see the camera's wi-fi.  I see wi-fi networks from my house and the surrounding houses but nothing from the camera.  And this with the phone and camera on the same tabletop.  It's just not there.  The camer's wi-fi indicator is slow flashing green the entire time.

Even the phone's wi-fi  Analyzer finds no evidense for a camera wi-fi network.  Frustrating.

--

Mike

Did you reset the camera, and delete all previoud Wi-Fi configurations?  Also, we ant the camera to use its' default factory name.  Do not assign the a nickname until after you have established a connection.  This last is crucial. 

Also, some phones won't connect if they do not find internet.  I recommend disabling automatically connecting to wi-Fi hotspots without asking you for permission to join/switch to a new network.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements