cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebel T3 EOS 1100D is not recording photos on the SD card. Please help!

khulstrom
Apprentice

The camera appears to take photos, but when played back it says "No image".  Please help!

Karen

2 REPLIES 2

Karen,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but you don't say if you've tried this:

A) Have you tried another card in the camera? Doesn't matter if it works in your computer, sometimes it will work in your computer, or even in another camera, and not in your problem camera.

B) If there isn't anything on the card, i.e., you won't loose anything important, reformat the card (In your camera). If there are photos on it you don't want to loose, move them to your computer, put the card back in the camera, and reformat the card.

**Please make sure there is no software or firmware on the card that may have been downloaded. I lost some stuff once, by just not thinking before I reformatted a card Smiley Embarassed. On a side note, it is a good idea to reformat your cards from time to time anyway.**

Sometimes the "read" or "boot" sector is good, so the camera won't give you an error message, but the storage area will have corrupt sectors and therefor won't allow recording.

Please let us know what all you have tried, and maybe someone can help, or has had the same problem.

-FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Did you change the write-protect switch?  By accident maybe?  Take a look.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements