cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Macbook Pro will not recognize my Canon Rebel XT when I plug it in. Please help

2pasc
Apprentice

Hi - I have a macbook pro using Sierra (10.12.16). 

When I plug my Camera, nothing happens, and after using the Applications > Utilities > System Information, it could not locate the camera. What should I do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@2pasc wrote:

When I plug my Camera, nothing happens, and after using the Applications > Utilities > System Information, it could not locate the camera. What should I do?

Thanks

You should probably use a card reader.  

You did not mention what software you are using to read it.  That camera is fairly old, and I don’t think Canon officially supports it, as in making repairs.  If Canon no longer supports it, then why should computer manufacturers.  Use a card reader.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@2pasc wrote:

Thanks

You should probably use a card reader.  

You did not mention what software you are using to read it.  That camera is fairly old, and I don’t think Canon officially supports it, as in making repairs.  If Canon no longer supports it, then why should computer manufacturers.  Use a card reader.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This is what I decided to do - I just found one...

Thanks!

Announcements