cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Macbook Pro will not recognize my Canon Rebel T3i when I plug it in. Please help!

aprince1982
Apprentice

I've installed the necessary software from Canon, but no luck. Any suggestions?

64 REPLIES 64

Thank you for your reply.

I have followed the steps as much as I could however when I open Image Capture and plug the camera in, it says there are no devices connected.

I'm worried I've turned off a setting in a programme that means my laptop can no longer view a plugged in camera. 

I am ordering a new cable to see if the cable is the issue...

Thank you for your suggestions 

@MKS1 wrote:

Suddenly the camera and mac won't connect. My camera is a Canon 450D and the Mac is Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4. EOS Utility won't find the camera, image capture won't show the camera. 

When I plug it in, the camera display shows "busy" for a couple of seconds and then disappears. 

I usually use my camera with Dragonframe. I have tried to troubleshoot it with everything found online but I am still having problems. 

Can anyone please suggest anything else I can try?

Thank you! 

Do you have the latest version of EOSU (3.12.1)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, thanks for your response. I was using EOSU 2 before, but I installed EOSU 3 to see if that was it but still no connection comes up. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

I am having the exact same problem with EOSm50, using the same version of catalina

So strange and annoying! Have you tried a new cable? I think I will purchase a new cable & see if that is it

thats what I was thinking last night! though I've tried three different cables lying around the house

Hi, I've come as far as the system information page, but i cant see my camera on the list.. please help

Hi, jawaherb!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Tim,
I have the similar issue but I can not see the Canon Digital Camera in USB Device Tree, so what should I do.
Thanks

It’s easy to mistake the USB cable and use a cable that wont work (and this is probably the most likely cause).

Make sure you aren’t using a USB “charging” cable.  A number of devices now use USB cables simply to charge a device and include cables that only have the power pins wired ... the data pins aren’t actually wired.  If you use such a cable, the computer wont see the camera.   The cable needs to have the data pins wired.

Some cameras that support WiFi wont show up if the camera is in WiFi mode ... but the T3i doesn’t support WiFi transfers so that wont apply to your camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements