Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: My Macbook Pro will not recognize my Canon Rebel T3i when I plug it in. Please help!

Hi Tim,
I have the similar issue but I can not see the Canon Digital Camera in USB Device Tree, so what should I do.
Thanks
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Macbook Pro will not recognize my Canon Rebel T3i when I plug it in. Please help!

It’s easy to mistake the USB cable and use a cable that wont work (and this is probably the most likely cause).

Make sure you aren’t using a USB “charging” cable.  A number of devices now use USB cables simply to charge a device and include cables that only have the power pins wired ... the data pins aren’t actually wired.  If you use such a cable, the computer wont see the camera.   The cable needs to have the data pins wired.

Some cameras that support WiFi wont show up if the camera is in WiFi mode ... but the T3i doesn’t support WiFi transfers so that wont apply to your camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Highlighted
New Contributor

I’m having the same problem. I can see my cannon in the iPhoto’s section, but it says not images. I can see them on my camera with the sd card inserted. Again thou I can get them to my iMac. There has to be a simple solution I’m missing. Can anyone help?