cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MAC OS Sierra Does Not Recognise My Canon t5i/700D

QueueKay
Apprentice

Hi, I know there has been a lot of issues with this and a lot of people might have given help but non of the stuff works for me.

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) and its OS Sierra, and as mentioned above i have a Canon t5i/700d. I have downloaded the utility for this camera from the canon website and followed the instructions to the T on how to connect it which worked fine howver when I start running the EOS Utilities the top 3 options are greyed out and I literally cannot do anything to solve it.

My camera was pre owned before it was given to me so I did not get all the CD's and accessories with it, which then lead me to purchase a 2.0 USB cable which I was told will be able to do the job, now I dont know if I need a specific type of cable or just any. I am getting frusted,

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi QueueKay,

Thanks for posting.

With your camera connected to your computer and powered on, please take a look at Image Capture on your Mac. Does your camera appear?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Richard, thank you for getting back to me. It seemed that all I had to to do was update my software to High Sierra – 10.13. However the 'Starts to download images' is still greyed out, will your suggestion help with this?

Tim
Authority

Hello QueueKay, 

I understand your Mac has 10.13 High Sierra installed as the OS.  At this time, Canon has not released a compatible version of EOS Utility for High Sierra.  This may have been basis for the earlier recommendation to use Image Capture as this should still allow you to make a basic connection to the camera.  Another option in the interim would be to use an USB card reader to import photos directly from the card to your computer.  There hasn't been a set release date for High Sierra updated software yet, but hopefully it will be soon.   

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements