cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My LCD and viewfinder keep turning off when I turn my T3i Rebel, vertically. Why?

ctracy
Apprentice
My LCD and viewfinder keep turning off/going black (camera stays on) when I turn my T3i Rebel, vertically. Why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skirball
Authority

You're wearing polarized sunglasses.  Take them off.

Edit: Or not.  I just noticed you mentioned the Viewfinder too?  That doesn't make sense.  Does it go completely black?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Skirball
Authority

You're wearing polarized sunglasses.  Take them off.

Edit: Or not.  I just noticed you mentioned the Viewfinder too?  That doesn't make sense.  Does it go completely black?

ScottyP
Authority
If it was only the LCD I might think the camera strap was hanging down over the eye/face sensor by the eyecup, fooling the camera into killing the LCD as though the camera was up to someone's face.

That would be winging it obviously.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ctracy
Apprentice
Oh my golly! You are totally right about my polarized sunglasses! Who knew?? (Btw-it was only the LCD screen that was "not working." Thanks 🙂
Announcements