cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EOS Rebel T6i crashes whenever I use movie playback.

AtrD96
Apprentice

Recently, I bought a T6i to record YouTube videos, but I've been running into a problem. This didn't occur yesterday when I first tried it, but after I filmed a couple of scenes today, I went to playback to look over those scenes, but in the middle of one of them, the camera froze and suddenly went blank. I switched the camera off and tried to turn it back on, but the camera couldn't work. The only I way I could turn the camera on again was to take out the battery and put it back in. Every time I tried to play a clip, the same thing would happen again.

I want to know if this is normal or has happened to anyone before because I haven't found anyone online who has run into this situation. It's strange because once I download the clips to my computer, the clips themselves are fine and not corrupted. I don't know if this is a freak thing or if something is seriously wrong with my camera. Seriously, can anyone help me fix this situation?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@AtrD96 wrote:

Recently, I bought a T6i to record YouTube videos, but I've been running into a problem. This didn't occur yesterday when I first tried it, but after I filmed a couple of scenes today, I went to playback to look over those scenes, but in the middle of one of them, the camera froze and suddenly went blank. I switched the camera off and tried to turn it back on, but the camera couldn't work. The only I way I could turn the camera on again was to take out the battery and put it back in. Every time I tried to play a clip, the same thing would happen again.

I want to know if this is normal or has happened to anyone before because I haven't found anyone online who has run into this situation. It's strange because once I download the clips to my computer, the clips themselves are fine and not corrupted. I don't know if this is a freak thing or if something is seriously wrong with my camera. Seriously, can anyone help me fix this situation?

Memory card.  What memory capacity is th card?  Only use a full size card, not a micro-SD with an adapter.  Did you perform a  low level format on the card, IN THE CAMERA, prior to using the card.  

I strive to put lengthy video clips into separate folders on the memory card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

AtrD96
Apprentice
My card is a 32 GB card. I did not perform a low level format on the card. Should I, or should I not?

@AtrD96 wrote:
My card is a 32 GB card. I did not perform a low level format on the card. Should I, or should I not?

A 32 GB card should be ideal.  You should always perform a low level format on memeory card prior to use.

I believe the manual for my 60D states that video clips played back on the camera may display an occasional "hiccup" or flaw, even though they will play back smoothly on your computer. This has been my experience, though I've never had the camera freeze up on me.

I would imagine that the manual for the T6i may advise the same thing. Formatting the card in camera like Waddizzle suggested will likely fix things right up. And make sure you set the clock and calendar too while you're in the menu screens.

I did what you guys said an used low level format. I recorded a clip for testing and clicked on the playback button afterwards, but the camera immediately went blank for a while before showing a message saying "Err 70."

The clip is still saved, but I still can't use playback on my camera. I seriously don't know what kind of problem this is because it's like playback isn't allowed on my T6i anymore. Has anyone ever had this happen before?

It is apparent that your camera needs professional service.

Announcements