cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EOS 350D shows ERR 02

Johnh5x
Contributor

After many years fault free my 350D now shows ERR 02 on start up and won;t open up at all to shoot or view find.  Battery is in and charged and so is the memory card - any ideas anyone?  Many thanks - John

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Well, between the card and the camera, one of them has failed.  Try a new card, and hope for the best.  If the camera has failed, the cost to repair may well exceed the cost of a new camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Too bad that they don't make a little contact cleaner in the SD form factor. That might cure a lot of the ERR 02's we see.

Will try a cotton bud and some contact cleaner - thanks for the idea.

You really can't on SD card connections, hence my idea.

Got you, was going to try the connectors in the camera and then put the card in, thought it might be worth a try.

Google "Laserline Clear Connections 4-in-1 Memory Card Slot Cleaner"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for that.

Darn, there goes my idea to make a million bucks.

Should we recommend these for non-CF Card ERR 02?

Worth a shot.

And my 10% for giving you then opportunity to think of it!  Somebody always rains on the parade!!  Thanks for the comments everybody, I'll crack on and see if I can get it working otherwise it's the recycling bin!  Cheers from a very wet UK.

And my 10% for giving you then opportunity to think of it!  Somebody always rains on the parade!!  Thanks for the comments everybody, I'll crack on and see if I can get it working otherwise it's the recycling bin!  Cheers from a very wet UK.
Announcements