cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Camera (750D) says busy and doesnt allow me to take photos!!!!!!!

Punitha
Apprentice

Hello, I just bought canon 750D today and I have issues with the camera. I just clicked few pics and after that the i just get a "busy" message and it is not allowing me to take photos at all. What is the issue? It needs to be fixed. I am very disappointed. Can someone help me fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

@Punitha wrote:

Hello, I just bought canon 750D today and I have issues with the camera. I just clicked few pics and after that the i just get a "busy" message and it is not allowing me to take photos at all. What is the issue? It needs to be fixed. I am very disappointed. Can someone help me fix it?

I'll try for a lucky guess: Is this camera an upgrade from a cell phone? Are you therefore using a micro-SD card via an adapter? Try a real SD card instead. Adapters often cause problems.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Punitha wrote:

Make sure that your battery has been charged.  There are a couple of reasons for a "busy" message that are described in the instruction manual.  One of those reasons is related to the flash.  You can get the "busy" message while the flash attempts to recharge itself, which is one reason why you need to fully charge the battery.  

As previously advised, only use full size SD cards, and be sure to perform a LOW LEVEL FORMAT prior to using them.  The Long Exposure Noise Reduction option can cause the "busy" message, too.  

You can always contact Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.    

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority

@Punitha wrote:

750D has 5 fps and you can shoot 8 raw files at ISO 100 before the buffer is filled up, so 1½ second before you will see "busy".
The average write speed of your 750D is around 74 MB/s. Fastest write speed maybe 90 MB/s. Use a UHS-I card that claims 90 MB/s in write speed and the "busy" message will disappear faster.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is this a permanent condition now or does it last for a few seconds and then camera works normally?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements