cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2nd T6s has the same flaw.

PajamaGuy
Enthusiast

While shooting one of my grandson's  AAU baseball game, my 3-week old T6s exhibited a flaw.  Although I can't recall the exact steps, and therefore can not duplicate the flaw on-demand, I've experienced it with my T3i, and both T6s'.

When using Back-Button-Focus in conjunction with AI Servo and Continuous Shutter and while taking rapid groups of sequential shots, the BBF button (AE/FE Lock) magically becomes a shutter-release button.  And when that happens, the actual shutter button sometimes triggers the Continuous Shutter action which then keeps shooting even when all buttons are released.  (flipping power off/on resets it).

When I explained the issue to Canon, they had me send in my 1st T6s, and they sent me a new one.  The same day I received the replacement it too exhibited the flaw. - BUT - I do love the camera and would buy it again!

PJ

PJ
(Grampy)

"Photography is a money-sucking black hole, and I'm approaching the event horizon"
10 REPLIES 10

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Went sleep? What does that mean? It has no power of its own. Did it not AF for you?
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements