cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie recording has been stopped - Question

Katybeewebb
Contributor

Hi! Okay so my canon t6 rebel gets this message "Movie recording has been stopped" message while recording on full hd 1080 p. I have read it is because of a slow memory card but I have a Sandisk Ultra Plus 32 gb 80 MB/s card. I have read reviews that this card is good for video and it worked great in my sony mirrorless camera, which i know is different than a DSLR. But my question is, is this card not good enough? And what card would you recommend? 

11 REPLIES 11

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Katybeewebb,

Thanks for posting.

Since you've used this memory card in another camera, if you haven't already done so, please format the memeory card, using the low-level option, in your EOS Rebel T6

Use [Format card] in the following cases as well:
  • The card is full with images or data.
  • A card-related error displayed.
*For details on card-related errors, refer to the instruction manual provided with the camera.
CAUTION
When a card is formatted, all images and data on the card are erased. Even protected images will be erased, so make sure there is nothing you need to keep. If necessary, transfer the images and data to a computer, etc., before formatting the card. 

1. Set the camera's power switch to <ON>.

2. Press the <MENU> button to display the menu.

3. Press <> and < > to select the [ ] tab, press < > and < > to select [Format card], and then press < >.

4. Select [OK], then press < >.
  • The card will be formatted.
  • When the formatting is completed, the menu will reappear.

For low-level formatting, press the < > button to add a checkmark [ ] to [Low level format], then select [OK] and press < >.

NOTE
Low-level Formatting
  • Perform low-level formatting in cases such as when the card's recording or reading speed seems slow.
  • Since low-level formatting will format all recordable sectors on the card, the formatting will take slightly longer than normal formatting.
  • You can stop low-level formatting by selecting [Cancel]. Even in this case, normal formatting will be completed and you can use the card as usual.

IMPORTANT
  • When the card is formatted or data is erased, only the file management information is changed. The actual data is not completely erased. Be aware of this when selling or discarding the card. When discarding the card, destroy the card physically to prevent personal data from being leaked.
  • Before using a new Eye-Fi card, the software on the card must be installed on your computer. Then format the card with the camera.
REFERENCE
  • The card capacity displayed on the card format screen may be smaller than the capacity indicated on the card.
  • This device incorporates exFAT technology licensed from Microsoft.

If this issue persists, please let us know the size of the movies, both in time and size (MB/ GB).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Katybeewebb wrote:

Hi! Okay so my canon t6 rebel gets this message "Movie recording has been stopped" message while recording on full hd 1080 p. I have read it is because of a slow memory card but I have a Sandisk Ultra Plus 32 gb 80 MB/s card. I have read reviews that this card is good for video and it worked great in my sony mirrorless camera, which i know is different than a DSLR. But my question is, is this card not good enough? And what card would you recommend? 

How long does it record before it stops?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Katybeewebb
Contributor
On the highest quality about 5 minutes but on 720 it will record for 12.

EOS_80D_MovieRecordingTimes.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority
Have you low level formatted the card yet?
Your card has a guaranteed write speed of 10 MB/s and should be enough. 5 minuets shouldn't be enough for the 4GB limit if you have that limit in your camera.

Peter
Authority
Authority
So no 4GB limit anymore that will stop the video. No 30 minutes limit either?

@Peter wrote:
So no 4GB limit anymore that will stop the video. No 30 minutes limit either?

The size and time limits only apply to an individual video file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Katybeewebb
Contributor
So my card should be fine to use?

Katybeewebb
Contributor
Alright so I just tested it again and this time it only did 12 minutes in the highest level 😞 which is better than five I guess lol. I guess I'll buy a new card and see if that helps. It didn't continue to record it just got that message again that the recording has been stopped. I'm so bummed 😞
Announcements