cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie recording has automatically stopped.

nino
Apprentice

Hello,

I am quite confused as to why my Canon EOS Rebel T6 keeps "automatically stopping" while i'm reviewing tech. I have a class 10 sd card, sandisk ultra. After about 2 minutes the recording stops. Please help me out.

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you read the manual, there are several reasons for this, and sometimes the camera indicates the issue. For example, it could be over femperature.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@nino wrote:

Hello,

I am quite confused as to why my Canon EOS Rebel T6 keeps "automatically stopping" while i'm reviewing tech. I have a class 10 sd card, sandisk ultra. After about 2 minutes the recording stops. Please help me out.

You cannot see the rear LCD screen when you are sitting in front of the camera.  I suggest that you sit behind the camera, and watch the LCD for when the automatic shutdown occurs.  

As kvbarkley pointed out, the camera will give you warnings if it is shutting down because of heat.  It will display special icons, which should flash.  Anytime you see flashing icons in the viewfinder, or the rear LCD, you have some sort of problem that needs to be immediately corrected.

A slow SD card may cause video recording to stop, while the camera empties its' buffer.  Also, avoid using micro-SD cards that need the plastic adapters so that cay be used in a card slot intended for full size cards.  You seem to have a handle on this.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements