Canon Community Canon Community

Kc5
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Movie Format Not Supported

I have a Canon Rebel T6 and I have done everything from downloading multiple apps, different mobile devices, and etc. Nothing seems to work, I am having trouble with videos. Everytime I try to download a video onto my phone with the Canon Connect app it just tells me "Movie Format Not Supported" Please I need information ASAP.
Honored Contributor

Re: Movie Format Not Supported

@Kc5 wrote:
I have a Canon Rebel T6 and I have done everything from downloading multiple apps, different mobile devices, and etc. Nothing seems to work, I am having trouble with videos. Everytime I try to download a video onto my phone with the Canon Connect app it just tells me "Movie Format Not Supported" Please I need information ASAP.

Movie files are saved as MOV file types and format.  Not sure if you even can transfer movie files wirelessly to a phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Kc5
New Contributor

So then how would I be able to transfer or change the MOV file to a different file?
Honored Contributor

I think video transfer is to an Android phone - uses NFC transfer.

You camera manual should address this.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Kc5
New Contributor

More details please...
Honored Contributor

2019-02-04.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Frequent Contributor

Now, if you want to transfer MOV files to your computer and then convert them to another format for use on your phone (I would suggest MPEG/MPG or MP4 format as being the most compatible with the most android and apple phones) then there are a number of good and even free conversion software out there. I personally use XMedia Recode myself, seems to have the least problems with audio/video sync in my experience.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If you just need to make them viewable on your smartphone, it might be worth also converting them to a lower resolution more suitable to the smaller screen size.

You'll end up with considerably smaller files sizes that will upload and download more quickly. You can even compress the files a bit to make them even smaller and on the smaller phone screen you'll likely not even notice any difference in quality. Like Wolfie said, MPEG/MP4 is probably your best choice.