cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror lock-up in T7?

MacroDave
Contributor

Hello all,

I've recently gotten back into photography as a hobby after being away from it for a lot of years. I picked up a Rebel T7 2-lens kit (plus I still have a couple of lenses from the past) and have read the manual twice, but still might have missed the answer to my question:

Does the T7 have a mirror lock-up function?

I've been reading a lot of photography books, and they all recommend locking up the mirror when using telephoto to avoid blur from the mirror shaking the camera. I was thinking that maybe the mirror locked up when Live View was being used, but I haven't verified this yet.

Thanks very much.

22 REPLIES 22

rrrccc01
Contributor

Changing AF points will not lock the mirror, I'm looking for Canon to add the feature in the next firmware update.

rrrccc01
Contributor
Changing AF points will not lock the mirror, I'm looking for Canon to add the feature in the next firmware update.

@rrrccc01 wrote:

Canon is NOT going to add the feature.  Forget about that idea.  Why didn't you try my suggestion?  I didn't ask you to change the AF points.  I asked you to chang their behavior. Is "Quick Mode" available?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements