cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card for EOS Rebel XSi - which one will work?

NotBetty
Apprentice

I'm baffled by all the choices, just need an extra 16GB or 32GB SDHC memory card for my camera.  I got a 'Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Up to 45MB/s (TS32GSDU1E)', but my camera will not format it, says there is no card. Is that too fancy a card for my old camera?  I see a SanDisk 16GB Class 4 SDHC Memory Card (SDSDB-016G-AFFP), is that the right choice?  I'm guessing my old camera needs whatever the simple choice is, but I could really use any help available to make the right choice.  Thank you.  

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

My XS manual says that it is only compatible with "SD" and "SDHC" Cards, stay away from "SDXC" cards, I don't know why the SDHC card you got wouldn't work. The 4GB one should be pretty cheap, might not hurt to go ahead and try it. What card are you using now?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't have an XSi but any SD or SDHC card should work.  Although I would refrain from using 32gb and I prefer 16gb.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sometimes a camera will have trouble with a card that has been formatted to a file system that the camera doesn't understand. Use your computer and a card reader to format your card to the FAT or FAT32 file system. (I believe those were understood by cameras of that vintage.) Then try to re-format it in the camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements