cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card compatibility - Rebel T1i

kriStellar26
Apprentice

Hi All -

I'm a newbie here.. just digging out my old camera and it's been a long time since it's been used. Well last night I learned that any SD card over 32 GB (SDXC) is not compatible with this camera. (Also not compatible with my point and shoot camera which is a Powershot S90) So now I have this 64 GB memory card I cannot use. Anyway.. I am trying to find the best (highest quality) alternative that WILL work with this camera. Does anyone know if there are any limitations on types of SDHC cards? Do you know if this one will work?

[link removed per forum guidelines]

I don't want to end up with another that won't work. I understand my technology is aging, but it works perfectly otherwise. I'd like to pick it back up and use it for a while to know my interest still exists before I invest in something new (I love new technology, so it's bound to happen eventually). 

Thanks in advance for any tips/info!

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Stick with full size cards by major brands like Lexar and Sandisk.  Use 32 GB, or less, although you really do not need that much space because of T1i camera's file size.  I think 8-16 GB would work just fine.  Be sure to perform a low level format in the camera befor you begin using any new card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I was looking at Sandisk cards. Like the one below (wouldn't let me paste the link). 

SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB SDHC UHS-I Card (SDSDXPA-016G-X46)

Will that work? Basically my question is: will all SDHC cards work, or are there limitations?

@kriStellar26 wrote:

I was looking at Sandisk cards. Like the one below (wouldn't let me paste the link). 

SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB SDHC UHS-I Card (SDSDXPA-016G-X46)

Will that work? Basically my question is: will all SDHC cards work, or are there limitations?

That card should work.  Use the type of cards that were available when your camera was released.  Consult the owners' manual.

And the manual says this:

sdhc.jpg

That card should be fine.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kriStellar26
Apprentice
Yeah I've seen things like that online. But even SDHC cards have changed a bit since 2009. I'll give it a try. It's not expensive.

@kriStellar26 wrote:
Yeah I've seen things like that online. But even SDHC cards have changed a bit since 2009. I'll give it a try. It's not expensive.

Cards have changed, but the camera has not.

Mexgio4l
Apprentice
Just bought a 32gb 90MB/s 600x and it worked. It’s a SanDisk Extreme PLUS SDHC UHS-I
On the package cover it has the little 3 inside a U then V30 with a little 4 next to it and the 4K UHD sign. This was the top one under $20. Hope this helps!
Announcements