cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Mem Card Size

Quantummist
Contributor

any know if there is a Maximum capacity for the Mem cards in the T3 (1100d) camera?   was wanting to but a 64gb card but the doc's don't say if the camera will accecpt a card with that much storage...

10 REPLIES 10

Skirball
Authority

Sorry, can't say for sure.  Does the manual say if it accepts SDXC?  If it does it should take 64, but SDHC technically is limited to 32 gB. 

Thanks..  The Manual states SDHC/SDXC/SD  but does not Specificlly state it can read/write to 64gb....  Just was hoping I could get someone that has used such and can Absolutlly confirm before I plop down the over 100 bucks for a X200 speed card....  But appre the feed back...  If you hear anything or know of anyone using the T3 if you would pass it along i would really appre it...

I have little doubt a 64GB Class 10 SDXC High Speed Memory Card 50MB/Sec won't in a Rebel T3.  It likely will.

But you are not likely to find any of us "matured" shooters that use them.  Most of us have learned the hard way not to.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Check this out.   Smiley Happy

EB

Thanks...  Appre the chart link..  Have seen it but still is not specific and absolute and is for the 600d...  but do appr the info... will let this stay open with the hope that someone has actually used a specific high speed  64gb card and can specificlly tell me a card that will work before I dump the cash ... Just bought a coupel of flashes and a new lens so moneys tight and wanted to be absolutly sure....

Did you ever get an answer or try this out? I am wanting to do the same thing

@fluidj wrote:
Did you ever get an answer or try this out? I am wanting to do the same thing

I would not advise using an SD card larger than 32 GB in a T3.  The End.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Large SD cards is a bad idea even if the camera can use them.  You will tend to fill it more and more because you can.  You will have more at stake if something should happen to the SD card.  I would prefer, and do use, four 16 GB cards.

If you do lose a card, for whatever reason, at least you won't lose everything you did.

EB

^^ This

Memory cards go bad.  You'll want to have a few of them.  There's also the eventuality that you'll transfer images to your computer and forget to put it back in the camera, be miles from home, and get the dreaded "no card" message.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements