cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marks showing up in Photos

Mucktown123
Contributor

I am noticing what appears to be an upside down hook mark showing up in some of my photos, about 3/4 of the way across the photo.  Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? And what I can do to correct this?

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T5 which a few different lenses, so I'm not sure whether its the camera or one of my lenses.

Thanks in advance for any help.

13 REPLIES 13

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Post a sample picture of it.  It could just be dust on the image sensor.  Do NOT try to clean it, or wipe it off, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

IMG_3211.JPG

Just as I suspected. Dust.

Original_0004.Edit.jpg

You have a dirty image sensor.  It appears to be dust, which is removed by using bulb blower tool, like a "Rocket Blower".  If you do not have any simple cleaning accessories like a bulb-style blower and lens wipes, you should.

Thanks so once I purchase a rocket blower - this is something I can remedy?

@Mucktown123 wrote:

Thanks so once I purchase a rocket blower - this is something I can remedy?

Yes, this is minor.

Look on YouTube for videos that show you how to use a bulb blower to clean a DSLR.  Do not use your mouth to blow inside of the camera body, because your mouth contains moisture,  Moisture is the enemy.  

You will need to remove any lens, go into the menus, and raise the shutter for manual cleaning.  Point the front of the camera downward, so that dust and dirt can fall out of the camera, and use a blower to gently puff air all around the sensor, and inside of the camera body.  

brummettj
Apprentice

IMG_2901.JPGI teach and one of my eos T5s is also showing a mark...it appears to be a question mark ?...we did try  to clean with a cloth, but it still is apparent on the darker background images.  Solutions besides dust.  It is a perfect mark...Here is an image of the mark in the lower right hadn corner.

I certainly hope you did not try to clean the sensor with a cloth!

Post an image so we can see it. I suspect a hair.

No, not the mirrors, but why would it be so clear, it is a definite question mark...

IMG_2901.JPG

Announcements