cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark on All My Pictures Regardless of Lens

barbere
Apprentice

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's wrong with my Canon Rebel T5. I know it's an older model, and I got it used a few years ago. I've gotten decent use out of it, around 5,000 shots, and I've treated it gently (never dropped it or anything) but recently I've had this mark on my pictures and I have no idea why. It's driving me crazy. When I look through the viewfinder, it looks normal, but when I take the picture, every image has this hairline crack mark on the right side. That's how it comes up on the LCD screen and how they download as well. Depending on the settings I use, sometimes it will be more pronounced or blurred. Initially, I thought it might be the lens, but the lens looked perfectly fine. I switched lenses and the mark was still there, so I know it's something to do with the camera body. I looked at it and I can't see anything abnormal, so maybe it's something inside?

At this point, I'm not sure if it's worth it to repair it or if I should just get a new camera, but if someone has any idea what caused that, I would appreciate it. I'll attach images I took with different lenses so you can see what it looks like. Thank you!

Lens 1:

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Lens 2:

IMG_1964.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Hair on the sensor. You can get a rocket blower and try to remove it. Should be good as new.

You can also send it to Canon for a cleaning.

(If not for Covid, I would say to go to Albuquerque during Balloon Fiesta and Canon will do it for free, while you wait. Alas, Covid has led to the cancellation of the Fiesta. No cleaning for me this year!)

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It does look like a hair on the sensor or some such anyway.  But a Rocket blower won't help unless you can lock the mirror out of the way as the mirror blocks access to the sensor.  BTW, there is also a shutter in the way, too. It also has to be moved out of the way.

A Rocket blower is more of a lens cleaning tool than a sensor cleaning tool or perhpas just a quick blow out of the mirror box area. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The camera has a function to facilitate cleaning. In this case it would be best to actually hold the camera upside down so the hiar falls down out of the camera.

Untitled.jpg

@kvbarkley wrote:

The camera has a function to facilitate cleaning. In this case it would be best to actually hold the camera upside down so the hiar falls down out of the camera.

Untitled.jpg

This means use a Rocket Blower air bulb.  I do not recommend that you try to use a sensor cleaning swab kit to do it.  If the blower does not clear it off, which it should, then you should contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements