cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marco Photography

HNM
Apprentice

Good Day, 

I have a Canon Rebel T6 18-55mm lens. I need to shoot a written diary book. What are the best settings to do this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

We don't know since we know nothing about your lighting.

Luckily a book will sit still for you all day. Experiment, experiment, experiment.

Thanks. You are right I should have mentioned. I will be shooting with daylight/sunny. I will experient.

Regards, 

Marco

Cameras can work well in a pinch, but a "CZUR ET16 Plus" will give you professional results.  Good luck whichever direction you decide to go.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

A continuous light such as even the small LED worklights are an excellent source for this type of work so that you will have complete control of lighting.  If you have a tripod, it will make things much easier to do properly because you need to keep the page surface as parallel to the image sensor plane as possible when doing macro work like this and of course the tripod provides much needed stability and convenience.

I am not familiar with the Rebel but depending upon what sort of self timer it may have built in, this can be useful to avoid camera shake from depressing the camera button (important if you have a lighter duty tripod)  and can allow for fast workflow by flipping diary pages during the countdown timer period. 

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I need to shoot a written diary book. What are the best settings to do this?"

A document scanner!  It will do a far better job than your camera kit.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Not if you are in the jungle....

If you are in the jungle, and a scanner is the best tool for the job, you make it work

In a more constructive vein, generally a macro lens works best for these sorts of tasks.

"Not if you are in the jungle...."

No matter where you are a document scanner will do a better job on documents than you camera kit.  If all you want, in a jungle or a city, is jpg pictures of your diary, use your cell phone.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements