cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Shutter Speed with Auto mode on Video | 700D/T6i

Neon
Apprentice

I am well aware that in order to shoot as realistically as possible, you must lock your shutter speed to twice the amount you have your FPS set in. In manual mode on video, I set my FPS to 30 and my shutter speed to 30. 

Of course there's only so much you can do running and gunning with manual mode in video. A lot of times though, you'd want to shoot in auto mode so you won't need to manual adjust everything the moment you go inside a building and then to a dimly light room.

I'd LOVE to shoot in auto mode but I can't seem to lock my shutter speed when shooting in video. I've tried Av, Tv, P... whatever those do, none of em' are able to lock the shutter speed when in video mode.

HELP ME GUYS PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried shooting in M mode, with ISO set to AUTO?

[EDIT]  You can seet the camera to control all three legs of the Exposure Trinagle, any two legs, any one leg, or none.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried shooting in M mode, with ISO set to AUTO?

[EDIT]  You can seet the camera to control all three legs of the Exposure Trinagle, any two legs, any one leg, or none.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Neon
Apprentice
Yeah my bad, I solved it a while ago with Manual + Auto ISO... I felt really dumb. Thanks for the help!
Announcements