Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Line showing up in Rebel T5 photos

Sorry, Baker is my last name and I have 4 daughters, thus "4bakergirls" was born! Smiley Happy

Thank you to everyone for the advice and wise words. I am taking it to be cleaned today!

VIP

OK just wondering if we were close.  Get the T5 cleaned and you will be all set.  Remember nothing smaller than a football...........

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
VIP

@ebiggs1 wrote:

TIA,

I too, believe it is a dirty sensor. If you did as you stated, I also believe, you caused it.  Here are some facts.  Dust on the lens surface is OOF so it will not show up in your photos.  Of course if it is severely dusty it can have a detrimental effect.  Dust on the mirror will never show up in your photos.  Dust in the view finder will never show up in your photos.  The only place left is the sensor.  Which, BTW, you can't touch because it has a cover on it.  The cover is what you 'clean'.

Two choices.  Take it to a real camera store/shop or send it to Canon for a C&C.

The truth is you don't need to clean camera gear as much as most people think you do.  It is nonsense to think you shouldn't change a lens outdoors.  I do it all the time and have done so so decades.  I sell my photos and work.  Again, if it is severely dusty it can have a detrimental effect.  This is a common sense thing, isn't it?

This is my advice to you after you get the T5's C&C done, don't put anything smaller than a football inside the mirror box.

Ernie, I simply avoid changing lenses outdoors, if I can.  One convenient solution I use is to carry two camera bodies.  Some outdoor locations pose greater, or lesser, risks or airborne contaminants than others.  

Most of the outdoor locations where I shoot are dirty, like in dusty woods in the fall, or on a windy beach in the summer.  Pollen is everywhere in the spring, and it collects on a car, like a dusting of snow, in less than a day.  High humidity poses a set of risks because you seal that moisture inside the camera.  My advice is to be aware of airborne contaminants when you're working outdoors.  Like I said earlier, wind and breezes are your enemies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

"Most of the outdoor locations where I shoot are dirty,..."

Common sense rules.  

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!