cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light spots on photos

Harry6
Contributor

Hello all, I have just started getting into this photography game (literally 3 weeks ago). I brought a 750D and popped out snapping away to just get used to it. When in

ooked back at some photos I noticed some light spots. All in different places and different sizes. I've tried to attach the photos. Any advice would be welcome as hoping it's me and not the camera. Thanks. 6174645776_IMG_0750.JPG6174645776_IMG_0748.JPG6174645776_IMG_0748.JPG

25 REPLIES 25

Hi thank you for that Stephen, I was in full auto for the first three photos and the flash did go off so that makes sense. However the light in the sky photo today was taken in AV (whatever that is) 

Harry6
Contributor
Thank you all for your help and contributions. In the end I bit the bullet and took the camera back. They were very helpful and gave me s new one. Hopefully better luck with this one....
like Arnie I'm sure "I'll be back". For more help... cheers. 😉

@Harry6 wrote:
Thank you all for your help and contributions. In the end I bit the bullet and took the camera back. They were very helpful and gave me s new one. Hopefully better luck with this one....
like Arnie I'm sure "I'll be back". For more help... cheers. 😉

A new camera is going to act the same way when shooting in low light with the flash when there is "stuff" floating in the air in front of the camera within the flashe's range.

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 750D
Lens: EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Image Date: 2017-07-26 20:19:49 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 55mm
Aperture: ƒ/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
ISO equiv: 1250
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: Yes (Auto, return light detected)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined

I noticed in the EXIF data for the first three shots that the flash was fired. I think Stephen has it figured out as the flash has illuminated some bits of airborn dust and debris. Lens cleaning won't eliminate these spots. Cleaning all the air in your field of view might help, but it's probably easier to shoot without the flash if you can.

theandies
Enthusiast

Might want to check this out.  Maybe you have a bad sensor.

Rebel T6i T6s Sensor Problem

From the link: (emphasis added)

"In the advisory, Canon notes 'white spots may exist on the optical layer which may result in the appearance of dark circular patterns on the captured image under certain shooting conditions.' This statement echoes our initial findings and is said to be caused by 'irregularities on an optical layer located in front of the image sensor.'"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I posted the link to the sensor information because in the second set of pictures he posted of the sky in the left middle of all three shots have a dark spot in them. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements