cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens for canon rebel t6

Hmarie77x
Apprentice
I don’t know much about my camera. Really just use it to take pictures of my kids and our football team. I have the 75-300 mm lens right now but I’d like to take closer pictures. What would be a good lens or something else I can do to get more up close pictures without spending a lot of money.
4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

How close? If you really only have the 75-300, then get the EFS 18-55 STM, an inexpensive lens with a good "walking around" focal length.

If you mean *really close* like a macro lens for shots of bugs or coins, look at the EF-S 60mm macro.

Hmarie77x
Apprentice
I stand on the sidelines at football they are usually in the middle of the field. I’d like good enough to really get a good picture of their faces from there

Sorry! You meant the other meaning of "close"!

There are no cheap options, the Sigma or Tamron 150-600mm lens - which are the best "inexpensive" choice for this - will run you $1000 or so.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...spending a lot of money..."

That is somewhat ambiguous. A lot of money to some is not a lot to others.  So, I will give you the best lens for what you asked. The Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 for Canon EF.  It is $1300. Is that a lot of money?  If it is there is the first version of the Tamron that has hit the used market.  It can be had for about half that cost.

There are other options but any new lens will be in that same range of money+.  If you would like to know what I consider the best of them, let me know.  However, the big Tammy is the first choice.

Bare in mind it is a super zoom tele. It will require some practice to learn how to use it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements